#navbar-iframe

Sunday, November 4, 2007

LAST DAY AT THE OVAL....

Yes..... sadly enough for me, today was the last time I will be in the oval on this trip. I will also be leaving the beautiful mountains, as seen from the 3rd floor condo of one of the US skaters.

I leave tomorrow for the "real world" - Sacramento, California. (If you are wondering if we were close to the California fires, no we were not. We are located in Northern California and the horrendous fires were in Southern California.)

The Dutch were one of the first on the ice today, but the Italians quickly followed as did the Japanese. I was told that the ice today was incredibly fast. Faster than it has been in the recent past. The Olympic Oval has completely shut down all public access (this includes the 440-meter running track, the inside "turf" field and the short track and public skating) except to the long track skaters, for the last 12 days.


One last look at the Oval and the athletes who use this facility.


I am looking forward to writing about inline speed skating once again. Thanks for those who stopped by and to those who continue to check daily. With the holidays approaching, my stories will slow down a bit, but all you need to do is sign-up to receive a notice when a new article is added.