#navbar-iframe

Sunday, April 13, 2008

11 YR OLD - BAILEY ANDERSON - Washington


I know this is supposed to be all about speed skating... and this is... kind of! Bailey is an 11-year old who dances. But he's not just any 11-yr old. He is the son of National Champion Inline Speed Skaters, Jeremy and Stephanie Anderson. Now normally with parents that met skating, got married, and continued skating, it should be only natural that their son would skate speed, and Bailey did skate speed. But he didn't like it quite as much as his mom and dad do. So it was only natural that when he said he wanted to dance, mom and dad put 100% into helping Bailey do what he wanted to do.... and that was dance.

I have heard many stories over the last two years about how good Bailey was and that the reason we didn't see Jeremy racing much any more was that he was spending every moment that he could taking Bailey to his dancing competitions. Now I'm not sure that's what they call them. But I am sure about one thing, the kid can dance!

Because the video that I took yesterday was in the dark (with the mirror ball spinning and the flashing disco lights), I asked Bailey if he wouldn't dance for me one more time. This time with the lights on! Of course he said yes and I couldn't wait to share this young man's talent with you. CLICK HERE



After all, his mom and dad ARE speed skaters! Oh and did I mention that Bailey used to skate? He finished 4th place overall in Primary Boys at the 2004 Indoor National Championships, which is the same year his dad won the PRO MEN'S 500M distance at IDN. Enjoy!