#navbar-iframe

Thursday, February 21, 2008

SPECTATORSHIP

The very meaning of this word makes me laugh. As much as it is about just being a "spectator" and not a part of the organization, running, or responsibility of a meet or practice, somehow I am always working some angle of something, somewhere!

If I sound confusing it's because I spend half of my time confused! Should I write about that? Will it be controversial? Will it cause undue turmoil? Does the public need to know what ever it is I have observed? Well most of the time I don't have to ask all of these questions, but there have been a few times that I have been asked to remove articles or a portion of an article because it "wasn't appropriate". Hmm ... appropriate for whom?

So I backed off my writing for a while. And to be honest, things got busy for me. We have been putting an invitational speed meet together. Talk about being on the opposite side of being a spectator!! But I do have stories to write.... about the Blue Ridge Challenge (controversy in the World Class Mens race-you might be surprised at my take on the referee's call!) .... local league meets and what it's like to have one of my son's living 1200 miles away during his training which changes from one sport to another.

So hang tough and check back or better yet, jump on our rss feed and let us tell you when there is something new to check out. In the meantime... check out my other blog on our upcoming meet. Hey if you have nothing to do on March 9th, come check out our Marathon race or 5K or if you have never skated before... our 2K. www.inlinemarchmadness.blogspot.com

Linda :)