#navbar-iframe

Sunday, July 20, 2008

On our way home... (Sr 2-Mix Relay attached)

Right now I am sitting in the Omaha, NE airport. One thing that TICKS me off... I have to throw my full, unopened bottle of water away to walk 10 feet through security. If that's the law, so be it. But I absolutely cannot stand the fact that the minute that I am through security none of the vendors are open for business!!

So let's recap this... I get to the airport sometime around 3:45am to return the car. Walk what feels like miles, dragging all the luggage that we needed for 10 days in Lincoln. We had so much stuff that we even sent a 50.5 pound box of "stuff" home. Then we wait in line for 45 minutes for someone from the airline to show up. Now mind you they tell you, you must be at the airport 2 hours ahead of your domestic flight. If you're Josh.... you show up 45 minutes before you take off (thanks to Jay Ingram!!!) and if you're me, you show up at least 2 hours before. So back to the water thing. Now I am finally ticketed and we can go to our gate. Here is where I throw out my perfectly good water that has not been open. Next we pop out the other side and "poof"... no sign of life on the other side!!! I approach the young ladt who is working the News Stand. She says that they will open in 5 minutes. Now that should be 5:00am... the huge coffee shop that overtakes the center of the airport is dark but has 2 employees moving very sloooooowwwww. Maybe they should fix themselves a cup of coffee or even espresso!!! They need to move a little faster! It is now 5:21am and STILL no one is open!!!

Wait.... 5:26am and a sign of life. The light goes on... everyone in the airport rushes to buy stuff. Mind you we board in 4 minutes. Pete purchases water.... he feels like he got the deal of the century.... 2 waters for $3.00. Wow.. that is a good price in an airport. I want to tell the guy that I buy a case of 36 waters for $3.88 at SAM'S club... who are they fooling???!!! It does really tick me off. O.k. now that that is out of the way... here is another video. The last one that I was able to find at this point.

Thanks to all of you who have written me personaly. I am glad that you have enjoyed the videos and photos.

Senior 2-Mix Last 6-8 laps....