#navbar-iframe

Saturday, July 12, 2008

INDOOR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS (IDN)

I had hoped to start getting you all pumped up this past week, but as some of you know, I have been sick off and on (mostly on) since Outdoor Nationals. I am not sure how much information that I will be able to transcribe it each day..... but if I see it and it's exciting.... you are going to hear about it!!!!

I love watching speed skating, and if at all possible, I love writing about it so that YOU feel as if you are right here in the seat next to me. Imagine it as we elbow each other when a skater throws a bomb pass and we can't believe the ref didn't see it!! What was he looking at??? How could he miss it???? And before we know it the next race is up... they are off the line... did you see the skater on the wall jump? That's right... good thing they brought them back to the line. Skaters are in the "set position" and the whole auditorium is quite.... the gun goes off and the skater in lane 3 pushes hard with the right foot as the skater in lane 4 digs down into the floor with their left foot. Both skaters pushing against each other go no where... except down.

These are the stories and the excitement I want to bring to you. And if I'm lucky, a good picture or two. So I hope that you will join me starting tomorrow as I once again become.... the SPEED SKATING SPECTATOR! Linda Wood :)
p.s some of our team members show off our new uniform.... it was the only indoor photo that I had available!!! ;)