#navbar-iframe

Sunday, June 15, 2008

AS THE WHEEL TURNS ??!!

Of course I am just using a "play on" with words but I thought I would address just a few questions that I have overheard the last few days concerning skaters.

There have been questions about skaters who normally attend Outdoor Nationals but whose names have not appeared on the "results" page. So I thought that I would try and answer those questions!

COLIN THOMAS: He was not here during any of the practice days and did not arrive in Colorado Springs until late Friday evening. That meant that Colin had missed the 300-meter and the 1000-meter races, which Colin is well known for his great results. Arriving late Friday night, getting little sleep and stepping out on a track, that he hadn't skated on since his last clinic. His first race was the 10K points/elim race on Saturday morning. He skated well but I could tell he was a little sluggish. The next race would be the 500-meter another favorite of Colin's. He hammered through the heats and quarters yesterday and held nothing back during the semi's and the finals... where he finished first. Colin #75 is here leading the outside pack in today's 15K Elimination Race.

Although I watched the 15K Elimination race today, I can't remember if he was involved in the crash or not... but Colin did skate. On the way out of the Velodrome I saw Colin and asked him how he felt. He said that he needed that 10K yesterday to get "warmed-up" and that he was ready and looking forward to the road competition. It was great to see his big smile and positive attitude.

CHAD HORNE: Chad is not here. I heard from someone, who I consider a reliable source, that Chad has been busy with school and his car. That he has skated but not enough to compete at Outdoor Nationals. I hope to talk to his mom Theresa and give you more factual information about Chad. He is a great skater and I know that I miss him!!

JESSICA SMITH: Jess is in Salt Lake City, Utah training on ice. She is training for the opportunity to compete in the 2010 Olympics. They will have the Olympic trials in December 2009, which is practically around the corner. In fact that's only 18 months away. We wish her the very best!!

HEATHER RICHARDSON: Heather is actually here watching the racing. I saw her this morning and she looks.... sun burned!!! LOL She in another great skater that is currently living in Salt Lake City and training on the ice. She is doing a fantastic job in Long Track. She is currently beating skaters that have competed for years. Again, her focus is the 2010 Olympics. Heather, GOOD LUCK!!

So this should answer a few questions! If there are other skaters you would like information about, drop me an email and I will try and find out where they are and what they are doing! Linda