#navbar-iframe

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

MEDIA CATCHES FALL

THE GAZETTE, the local paper in Colorado Springs, spent a few days at the track picking up different stories each day. The first day they did a story on hometown boy Norman Kirby. Josh and I were fortunate enough to be asked some questions about Norm. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that it would have led to Josh's picture being the lead picture on Norm's story until I saw the article posted in the Cafeteria area of the OTC!!

You can click on the photo itself to enlarge it. It is incredible that Josh did not go down... he did run into plexiglass. His left leg/foot is caught underneath Sebastian Cano's right leg. Sebastian hasn't quite hit the ground yet.... but trust me, he does! Although the caption underneath the picture reads that this was in the 15K elimination race, it was actually in the 500m Consolation Race.

Today was the last day of Outdoor Nationals 2008. Team USA and the Alternates have been chosen. I was not feeling well today and did not go out to the road course, so I have no new photos. But I did get yesterday's photos loaded onto to my FLICKR site. You can go here to see the 800+ photos from yesterday.

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/58909696@N00/sets/


And I have a 3-minute clip of the Senior World Class Men's 20K Elimination race from the Road Course. Check that out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezXnrPGtmkw

I hope you've enjoyed the week as much as I have. Indoor Nationals is in less than 4 weeks. I wonder what stories that will bring??? Bookmark this page if you haven't already and keep checking back. Linda